Rowland Strategies is seeking a dynamic account associate to join our team and serve as an account associate for a portfolio of corporate, trade, political and non-profit clients. We are seeking a detailed and driven person with strong instincts, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment. All qualified, interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Day-to-day communications with a portfolio of clients in varied business industries, non-profit’s, and political campaigns
- Help execute integrated strategic communications plans, including message and collateral development, stakeholder outreach and coalition building, and earned and paid media strategies
- Run issue advocacy and constituent communications campaigns, including coalition building, email blast and action alert campaigns, phone programs and direct mail
- Draft copywriting needs for accounts as identified, including but not limited to; press releases, media advisories, op–eds/letters to the editors, testimony, talking points, email communications, social media posts and more
- Identify and serve as a point of contact with community and business stakeholders, key government staff, and members of the press on the client’s behalf
- Perform account research, data entry and management
- Support event planning, press conferences and meetings as needed
The Ideal Candidate Will
- Be self-motivated and an independent worker with a strong work ethic
- Be committed to the RS team, the firm’s clients, and the company’s growth goals
- Possess the ability to quickly process new information and react to daily tasks in an efficient and effective manner
- Be willing and available to work an occasional weekend and/or evening on an as- needed basis in order to attend client events and provide additional support to staff on client projects and deadlines
- Be flexible and have a sense of humor
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially over the phone and through email
- Possess strong organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail
- Be deadline driven and have the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Minimum of two years or cycles of work experience in one or more of the following: political campaigns, public relations, government or government relations, grassroots, issue advocacy, or corporate communications
- Agency experience is a plus but not required
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic communications, grassroots/issue advocacy and how they interconnect with greater business goals and plans.
- Demonstrated experience and professional strengths in coalition building and stakeholder outreach.
- Familiarity with managing multiple projects and accounts consistently
Competitive benefits package offered to all full-time employees. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Frequent day trips for out-of-office meetings and events throughout the state. Out-of- state/overnight travel, less than 10%. Ability to work remotely due to COVID-19.
Submit cover letter, resume, references, and at least one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Account Associate” in the subject line.